Sunday 11 December 2011

Revealed structure

I've been eagerly awaiting the fall of leaves from the trees so that I can once again see the structures and enjoy the stronger, more dynamic shadows.



A recent visit to Westonbirt Arboretum shows that the leaves have fallen and the structures have been revealed.








The interplay of shadows and tree trunks is very inspiring at this time of year, we enjoyed making the most of this clear sunny day. Now I'm itching to get going on new drawings and etchings.

1 comment:

LAC EMP 2020 said...

Wendy, you are lucky to have Westonbirt on your doorstep. When I worked in Cirencester I used to visit it a lot. There must be some wonderful silhouettes there to inspire you. Shall be keen to see what piques your interest and how those painterly abstracted marks develop in 2012!