Monday 8 February 2016

Some prints take longer than others...

I've had a large print sitting in the background for some time now and its taken a while to resolve. I had to leave it for a while and then go back to it - sometimes it needs to happen. Over the next few posts I'll show you the print 'journey' so far.

To begin with I couldn't resist making large scale drawings of the place I wanted to represent

Drawing 1, 66 x 44 cm

Drawing 2, 66 x 44 cm

Then having photocopied the two drawings I pasted the together to create a plan


...reversed so my head doesn't get too messed up while I'm making the plate.

I then threw caution to the wind and sloshed sugar lift onto the plate to give me a starting point

plate size also 66 x 44cm

and then two more sugar lift and open bite combinations provided the following stage - a worn, chewed up and puddled surface...


The next stages will involve careful stopping out, but I may also have to burnish down some of the marks which have gone in a bit deeper than I hoped.

No comments: